I started thinking about what other games I could potentially see myself streaming down the line (if I still think it's fun after the first month or so of doing it...). Currently I'm streaming from an original Super Famicom through a no-brand converter/upscaler I bought at Yodobashi for like ¥4000. It looks OK after some tweaking in SLOBS. Naturally, I am looking at what other SuFami games I could stream, since I already have a setup for it. Taking inventory, I realize that I am missing a lot of the cartridges I've bought over the years. They're in storage in Norway and will need to be shipped over. Major bummer, because a few of the games I thought would make for fun, chill streams are among them.
While I wait, I thought I'd compile a little catalogue of the cartridges I currently do have access to. And I can come back and update this as needed later. These are all original Japanese cartridges. Asterisks note that I am missing the box and/or original booklet. Others are complete.
- 天地創造 (EN: Terrangima, never released in the US)
- 奇々怪界 謎の黒マント (EN: Pocky & Rocky)
- 超魔界村 (EN: Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts)
- Treasure Hunter G (Japan only)
- Live A Live (Japan only)
- Lady Stalker 過去からの挑戦 (EN: Lady Stalker: Challenge from the Past, Japan only)
- ゼルダの伝説 神々のトライフォース (EN: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)*
- ファイアーエムブレム 紋章の謎 (EN: Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Japan only)*
- Super Mario World*
- スーパーマリオコレクション (EN: Super Mario All-Stars)
- ミッキーの東京ディズニーランド大冒険 (EN: Mickey's Great Tokyo Disneyland Adventure, Japan only)
- グーフィーとマックス 海賊島の大冒険 (EN: Goof Troop)
- Disney's The Lion King
- Disney's Aladdin
- Super Street Fighter II*
- Super R-Type*
- ウェディングピーチ (EN: Wedding Peach, Japan only)*
- ゴジラ 怪獣大決戦 (EN: Godzilla: The Great Kaiju War, Japan only)*
- Battle City*
- 悪魔城すぺしゃる ぼくドラキュラくん (EN: Kid Dracula)*
- KiraKira Star Night DX (Cartridge released in 2016, not officially licensed by Nintendo)
I used to have a Disney blog on here. For whatever reason, I stopped updating it in 2018. Maybe I found it difficult to find new things to write about, maybe I felt I didn't have a fresh perspective or take on things, maybe I just didn't find the time to write.... even so, I wish I'd kept going. It's 2021, and if 2018 me had known what was to come in 2019, 2020, and 2021, she would have definitely put in a bit more effort to chronicle her daily life at the parks.
In 2020, after the parks opened up again after a closure, they ran lotteries for the annual passport holders. I won two dates. Then it would be another 288 days until I was able to visit again, and we have so far no news about what's going to happen to annual passes.
So I have had to fill my time with other things than Disney stuff. I've been through quite a variety of hobbies during stay at home life in 2020-2021 (everything from magic, model building, photography to stay at home workouts, skating and painting), but the two hobbies that have stayed with me have been video games and movies. While I tweet an awful lot (particularly about current interests), I've missed being able to share the things I love in long-form. Online journaling and blogging isn't really what people do anymore, but it's what I know, so I'll keep doing it.
The Disney blog is still up, accessible from the navigation menu above, and I hope to one day be able to make regular updates to that as well!